Hi there, Skye Blake here. I know what it’s like to be in a feline scrape, a pickle, a jam, (hmm… getting hungry), a difficult situation… a cat needing rescuing.
So I can sympathize with my fellow downtrodden felines. Those rescued and cared for by people hold a special place in my heart.
That’s why I’m determined to track down everything I can about rescue groups, explain their functions, even review them so you can see which are the best, and help you find them in your area.
It’ll take awhile and I’ll need your help. Let me know what city you live in and which shelters and groups you like.
I’d love to connect with them and help fellow proud felines find homes to rule. In the meantime, I’ll keep tracking clues…
Adoption – Private, Cat Rescues & Shelters
If you’re interested in adopting a stray or rescued kitty, there are things you should know before deciding what to do.
If you’re not experienced in caring for a cat, there are some things you need to do before going to a shelter or rescue… or getting one from your neighbor.
Think about your lifestyle. Do you want…
- the high energy bouncy kitten climbing the curtains?
- the quiet senior cat curled up contentedly in your lap?
- the talkative attention seeker?
- the shy wallflower needing extra patience?
No matter where you get your cat there are questions you should answer to be ready to care for him…
- Do you know how cats see their surroundings and understand what they need to feel secure and happy?
- What kind of food is right for their individual needs?
- Do you have time to play with them and care for their needs?
- Are you willing to locate litter boxes where your cat needs them and clean them properly?
- Have you considered realistically your cat’s health care costs?
- Who will be your veterinarian partner for the life of your cat?
These are just a few things you’ll need to think through before making any decisions.
I’ll be following the trails below to find out more and pass the info on to you. Stay tuned!
|How to Rescue Cats||Feral vs. Stray Cats||Adopt or Buy a Cat?|
|TNR (Trap, Neuter, Release)||How to Find Good Rescue Groups||What to Look for When Adopting|
|Major Rescue Groups & Shelters||Purebreed Rescue Groups||Private Party Adoptions|
If you have any clues, ideas, hints, comments or questions, use the form below to let me know and I’ll get right on it! Always more trails to follow…