Hi there, Skye Blake here. I know what it’s like to be in a feline scrape, a pickle, a jam, (hmm… getting hungry), a difficult situation… a cat needing rescuing.
So I can sympathize with my fellow downtrodden felines. Those rescued and cared for by people hold a special place in my heart.
That’s why I’m determined to track down everything I can about rescue groups, explain their functions, even review them so you can see which are the best, and help you find them in your area.
It’ll take awhile and I’ll need your help. Let me know what city you live in and which shelters and groups you like.
I’d love to connect with them and help fellow proud felines find homes to rule. In the meantime, I’ll keep tracking clues…
Adoption – Private, Cat Rescues & Shelters
If you’re interested in adopting a stray or rescued kitty, there are things you should know before deciding what to do.
If you’re not experienced in caring for a cat, there are some things you need to do before going to a shelter or rescue… or getting one from your neighbor.
Think about your lifestyle. Do you want…
- the high energy bouncy kitten climbing the curtains?
- the quiet senior cat curled up contentedly in your lap?
- the talkative attention seeker?
- the shy wallflower needing extra patience?
- the special needs cat who takes thyroid pills or insulin injections daily?
No matter where you get your cat there are questions you should answer to be ready to care for him…
- What kind of food is right for their individual needs?
- Do you have time to play with them and care for their needs?
- Have you considered realistically your cat’s health care costs? Find out more about costs by signing up for our “mewsletter” at the bottom of this page. You’ll get bonus info “How to Pay Vet Bills”)
These are just a few things you’ll need to think through before making any decisions.
I’m following lots of trails to bring you all the info you need. Discover what you didn’t know about animal shelters at…
|“Kill” vs “No-Kill” Shelters – Which is Better?||Animal Hoarding or Rescue?|
|Animal Shelters…What’s the Scoop?|
If you have any clues, ideas, hints, comments or questions, use the form below to let me know and I’ll get right on it! Always more trails to follow…